The External Advisory Board (EAB) consists of six international leading experts encompassing the key aspects of OPTIMISTIC scientific activity. The Board will ensure a high standard of research and governance and monitors the progress of the project. The consortium consults the EAB for recommendations to improve the performance of the consortium.
- Professor Jaques Puymirat: Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Qubec (CHUQ) - Unite de Genetique Humaine
- Professor John Day: Standford University Medical Center: Department of Neurology and Neurological Sciences.
- Dr Marie Kierkegaard: Karolinska University Hospital- Karolinska Instituet- Department of Physical Therapy
- Professor Thorsten Klint: Prosensa Therapeutics BV
- Professor Ian Wong: University of Hong Kojng, China; formerly School of Pharmacy London, UK
- Dr Michael Koelch: University of Ulm, Germany.